A Biokineticist is a specialised exercise therapist that functions in professional alliance to health and medicine, and is recognised by and registered with the Heath Professions Council of South Africa. A Biokineticist specialises in preventive medicine and final phase rehabilitation and improves a person’s physical status and quality of life through individualised assessment and exercise prescription.
History of Donavan Pillai Biokineticists
Donavan Pillai qualified with a degree in Sport Science (Hons) Biokinetics at the University of Durban Westville. He then went on to serve his internship at the University of Port Elizabeth where he also served as the Biokineticist for the UPE International Cricket Academy. Donavan also received a bursary from the United Cricket Board of South Africa where he presented a conference paper at the 2nd World Congress of Science and Medicine in Cricket (2003). He has previously served as the Biokineticist for the Kwa-Zulu Natal Cricket Union.
Donavan Pillai Biokineticists has been practicing since 2003.
Donavan Pillai and Associates are a team of experienced, skilled Biokineticists who genuinely care about helping each patient return to the highest level of function. Our mission is to provide our patients with superior and accurate individualised biomechanical analysis and expert advice. We strive to provide the highest quality rehabilitation and individualised exercise prescription in order to enhance quality of life and optimise performance.
Who can benefit from Biokinetics?
- Inactive people who wish to manage their risk for hypokinetic diseases such as diabetes, obesity, and cardiovascular diseases.
- Those in need of physical rehabilitation for any injury, condition or disability.
- The corporate and industrial sector: by improving health, wellness and ultimately productivity.
- Active people who wish to assess, monitor and improve their fitness.
- Sports performers to optimize current performance and implement pre, mid, and post season training through scientific and support